Tuesday 2 November 2010

Shatter Text

i created this image in Photoshop. I started by making a black backround with a hieght of 4 inches and a width of 8 inches. I then created a new layer and used the text tool to type my name. With this i changed the size of the text and the font as well. I then edited this text by using the bevel and emboss effect. This gave a silver chrome look once i had finished playing around with these settings. I then selected the polygonal lasso tool and made several triangle shapes over the text and moved each triangle away slightly to create a shattered effect on the text.

After the text was done i created a new layer, whiched was placed inbetween the text layer and the background, and used the lasso tool to create a circular shape. I then put a cloud effect on this and then added a radial blur to make it look like an explosion. Once that was made i created a new layer which was a explosion for the text. I then moved this explosion slighly to the left and merged this layer to the main explosion layer. Then with the explosion and text explosion layer i chose the hue/saturation tool and adjusted the settings to make the explosion green. Once i had made the explosion i created a little shadow behind the text by using the stroke and drop shadow options on the text layer. I then moved this shadow and turned the opacity down aas well.

No comments:

Post a Comment