Wednesday 20 October 2010

Astor Park Poster.

I created this poster in Photoshop. I stated off with a picture of a police car and several picture of graffiti in Astor park. My idea was to put the pieces of graffiti onto the police car. I started off by opening several images that i took of graffiti and then cropping them until i had the piece of graffiti that i wanted. I then used a layer mask on each one so i could get rid of any unwanted background. Once i had carefully made these pieces of graffiti to the way i wanted i moved them onto the picture of the police car. With the police car as my background I Put these other images of graffiti on top of the car. Once that was done i moved them into place to cover up as much of the police car as i could except the windows, lights and wheels. Because some of the images of graffiti had parts which were covering the wheels or a bit of it was on the window, I used a layer mask and selected the brush tool on the specific image to got rid of any parts covering parts of the car i didn't want it to. I then had an idea of being able to see the outline of the door and the petrol cap on the car so it would look more realistic. With this idea in mind i again used the layer mask and the brush tool to make a thin line on each layer of graffiti, each the size of the door crack and did the same around the petrol cap. I didn't get any of these images of graffiti off of the internet as you can see that some pieces of graffiti on the car are also in the background on the wall which is where I took these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment